The Connecticut Chili Classic (CCC) is Connecticut’s premier chili competition. In its inaugural year, twenty five teams will battle for the coveted Connecticut Chili Cup as voted by the public and a panel of local restaurant chefs. This outdoor event will feature live music by several local artists and a bonfire. 10% of profits will be donated to a local food-related charity.
Connecticut Chili Classic
Presented by Craft Butchery
Sunday, April 14, 2013
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
SoNo Market Place, South Norwalk
Competitor Eligibility and Tickets
Competitors must be Connecticut residents. Preference will be given to individuals who do not work in the food industry professionally, however all competitors must prepare their final dishes in a commercial kitchen which has been inspected by the Department of Health. Craft Butchery and SoNo Market Place will secure said kitchen space for competitors.
Competitor spots cost $75 each and include:
- Admission for two (2) adults to the Connecticut Chili Classic
- 15% off competition-related meat purchases at Saugatuck Craft Butchery in Westport
- Access to commercial kitchen space (TBD) on Saturday, April 13 and/or the morning of
- Sunday, April 14 for preparing chili
- Catering trays, serving utensils, Sterno heaters, gloves and trash bags
- Connecticut Chili Classic competitor t-shirts
Competitor spots will be available for purchase starting Tuesday, March 5 at 11:00 AM on a first-come, first serve basis. Spots may be reserved by calling Craft Butchery at (203) 226-6328 and providing a credit card deposit. There are no refunds for competitor spots, however they may be transferred to another individual without penalty.
General Admission Tickets
General admission tickets will be available for purchase in mid-March through Craft Butchery’s website.
Tickets are $30 for adults (16+) and $15 for children (15 and under) and include:
- Entrance to the tasting and music area of SoNo Market Place
- A Connecticut Chili Classic branded reusable tasting mug and spoon
- Three (3) votes for best chili
- Tickets will also be available for purchase with a credit card or cash at the door.
Saugatuck Craft Butchery
Sam Garwin, Marketing Manager