Letarte’s Annual Warehouse Sale starts this Saturday. This is the mother of all sales with tons of bins filled with swimsuits, cover-ups, tunics, cashmere hoodies, ponchos, you name it. It’s definitely one you don’t want to miss but the sale area is small and shoppers tend to get excited (re: maniacal) so you need to have a strategy. Below are a few tips on how to navigate the frenzy like a pro.
1. Get there early. Wait in line for the doors to open. The best stuff goes quick so grab your spot at the front of line. Simply put: you snooze, you lose.
2. Wear yoga pants and a tight tank top. The few dressing rooms they have are make-shift so plan to try things on over what you’re wearing, right where you’re standing.
3. Forget the large handbag. You want to be able to move swiftly without body-checking everyone with your over-sized hobo.
4. Leave the kids and dogs at home. True story: One year someone’s dog left ‘something’ on the floor, they literally had a carpet cleaner there in the middle of the sale. No one wants to relive that.
5. Bring your patience. It’s a fact that this sale attracts shoppers on steroids. You will get bumped and pushed, women will snag items just as you are reaching for them. Do your best to keep calm and carry on.
6. Be considerate and have fun. Shoppers will be waiting to get in so once you’ve scooped up all your goodies head to the register and out the door so they can get in. The Buzz Truck will be outside. This is where you can regroup with your friends and share all your fabulous deals.
7. Join Letarte’s email list. They send updates about the sale and add new items throughout the week.
160 Carter Henry Drive, Fairfield
Saturday, June 14, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 15, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ends June 20.