I’m hoping that for most of you, we’re not meeting for the first time. I’ve been on the athome team since my start with Moffly Media in 2013, feeding my obsession for discovering all things stylish and curating products across our market pages. Despite working in magazine publishing for fourteen years, I still get excited about planning each issue and the opportunity to create something new, something fresh, something beautiful. If we haven’t crossed paths, I look forward to introducing myself in person; to see your gorgeous projects, visit your design shops and hear all about what’s going on in town. Our annual A-List Awards is at a brand-new venue this year (September 14 at The Village in Stamford) and would a great place for us to connect. I hope you’ll tell me what you’re loving right now, what you hope to see in our magazine and how we can continue to celebrate our talented design community.
10 things to know about me:
- I am originally from California—a real-life Valley girl—but have lived in Connecticut (first Greenwich, now Fairfield) for fourteen years.
- My design style leans traditional, but I prefer an undone look that looks lived-in with layers of antique finds and collected décor.
- Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world. There are so many places I haven’t been, but I’d go back to Paris in a heartbeat.
- It’s hard for me to pass up an estate sale or thrift store without taking a lap; the thrill of the treasure hunt is real.
- Scented candles are always burning in my house. I’m picky about what I like but have recently added ones from Mad et Len (at Bungalow in Westport), Le Feu de L’Eau (at Wee Mondine in Darien), Jenni Kayne (Greenwich) and the signature scent at Beehive (Fairfield).
- I love to cook but, lately, heading out to a restaurant feels extra special. Martel in Fairfield and OKO in Westport are usually at the top of my list.
- My teenage dream was to re-create Juliet’s bedroom from the 1996 movie Romeo + Juliet. It was basically a small chapel with a million candles and alcoves with angel statues.
- I was a DJ at my college indie radio station. I have always loved discovering new music and spend way too much time on Spotify tinkering with playlists.
- Most of my cardio comes from chasing my three kids, ages two, four and six. They are usually chasing our French bulldog, Lulu.
- One of my favorite things to do when I have time to myself is sit down with a fresh pile of magazines. When I can find them, I grab the European fashion titles or Cabana.