Once in a lifetime you stumble upon magic, an experience like no other. A moment in time, a place where a flower flourished and a bee who has worked her whole life for you to taste a rare moment that will never happen the same way ever again…Do you have a taste for rare and exotic honey experiences?
Curated by Italian-trained honey expert, Marina Marchese, this event will feature a tasting flight of some of the world’s most luxurious and decadent honeys, some produced in exotic places, some from exotic flowers. Marina will tell you the fascinating story of each honey, the bees that make them and the journey from flower to bottle.
Nordic Moon Meadery (@nordicmoonmead) in Ellington, CT will provide the mead tasting flight. The meadery is the first in the region and is committed to crafting meads from ingredients that are as local as they can find. Richard Gummoe, mead maker and recipe tester, will talk about the mead-making process and what makes their meads unique.
No matter how much you think you know about nature’s liquid gold, this event will open your mind to the magical world of bees and honey. Prepare for an unforgettable evening of indulging your senses into the world of flowers and flavors.
Tour and educational bee talk in Red Bee’s apiary garden with Nordic Moon mead cocktail
Seated, guided honey and mead tasting in Red Bee’s honey house barn
Dessert social in honey house barn shop
SAMPLE Honey Tasting Flight Menu:
• Corbezzolo (Sardinia) – bold, fruity and seriously bitter
• Sourwood (US) – complex with hints of anise and gingerbread with a warm finish
• Honeydew (Italy) – rich notes of resin and cooked fruit
• Oaxaca (Mexico) – complex notes of cherries, anise and cactus
• Tulip poplar (US) – warm notes of stewed dates, raisins and prunes
• Acacia (Italy) – notes of apricot and peach with a sweet finish
• Coriander (Hungary) aromatic with green herbal notes
SAMPLE Nordic Moon Meadery Tasting Menu:
• Orange Blossom Dandelion
• Orange Blossom Bosc Pear
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
• Orange Blossom Hops & Honey
For further information and to purchase tickets
visit redbee.com or email Emily at email@example.com